Fred Campbell is a serial entrepreneur, and knows a thing or two about raising capital. In the early 90’s, he was having trouble raising funds for his e-card greeting network, but with enough persistence, eGreetings.com grew rapidly and became a worldwide top-20 website, with 13 million registered users. Today, Fred is the CEO and co-founder of CrowdSmart, a platform that enables user-generated scores and reviews of startups by alumni, investors, and customers. Listen in to find out what it takes to raise $40 million in capital.
What Was Covered
- 03:55 - Why did Fred wait 11 years to get his MBA?
- 06:40 - What did Fred learn from growing his eGreeting business?
- 11:00 - Are you worried someone will steal your secrets? Well, don’t be.
- 12:50 - At the end of the day, it’s about the team that executes the idea, not the idea itself.
- 17:00 - Fred admits he should have downsized Lexy, his company at the time, instead of seeking more capital for it.
- 18:15 - What do investors look for in an entrepreneur?
- 24:35 - Every entrepreneur needs to have a tagline that’s easy for every person — customer or not — to understand.
- 30:15 - Try really hard to get negative feedback — it’ll make you better at raising capital.
- 30:40 - With Scott’s latest venture at CrowdSmart.io, how does he make money from this company, and how can founders join the platform?
@Fredcampbell on Twitter
Fred on Linkedin
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'