Nihal Mehta is the Founding General Partner at Eniac Ventures. Nihal has founded five startups and invested in over 100 companies since 1999. He is a noted expert in the emerging adoption of mobile technologies and so much more. In this interview, Nihal says he likes to put pressure on the founders to deliver a product. This is a great way to see how the team handles pressure and whether they're capable of moving quickly in the market. He also says he's grateful that his first startup ended in bankruptcy and failure, because without those experiences he would not have been able to achieve success.
- 02:55 - Nihal talks about the 'A Day in the Life' video.
- 05:40 - The founding team has to be sales efficient.
- 07:25 - How did Nihal get into investing?
- 09:40 - When coaching new entrepreneurs, Nihal tells them to fail fast.
- 11:15 - Nihal's first startup failed and he had to declare bankruptcy. He's glad for that experience.
- 14:15 - Nihal wants entrepreneurs who are passionate about their work and don't care what they're currently wearing.
- 15:10 - Show the product to Nihal as quickly as possible. If you can't do that, it's a red flag.
- 19:55 - Your mission can be about anything, but you just have to be incredibly passionate about it.
- 21:00 - Nihal wants to know that the entrepreneur has at least thought about the acquisition cost for each customer and their life time value.
- 22:55 - Nihal also looks at exit strategy, but he does it a little bit differently.
- 24:30 - How does Nihal like to meet and find new founders?
- 26:20 - What does Nihal like to invest in?
- 27:45 - Nihal comments on how Apple wants more apps and Google wants more people to search the web.
- 29:15 - Nihal recommends four books off his Kindle.
A Day In The Life: There's No 'White Space' in Nihal Mehta's Calendar
Zero To One by Peter Thiel
The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
The Everything Store by Brad Stone
David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
Nihal Meta's Twitter
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link
Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
Click on 'Write a Review'