Brandon Esposito is an associate at PMA Venture Capital Group where he provides operational oversight, strategic management, and direct operational support to PMA's portfolio companies. Brandon does a deep dive with John on his LinkedIn article, Paring your Pitch: What a VC Wants to See, and follows up on what VCs are looking for in their entrepreneurs.
- 00:02:15 - How did Brandon become a VC?
- 00:05:55 - Investors want to know if your team can execute the idea.
- 00:11:50 - Ask yourself: What's the problem and whose problem is it?
- 00:13:40 - Does the problem affect a large enough demographic?
- 00:23:55 - Entrepreneurs should be thinking about exit strategies.
- 00:26:35 - What does Brandon look for in an entrepreneur?
- 00:29:35 - Brandon shares his investment process.
- 00:33:40 - Brandon recommends the book Start Something That Matters
Passion with poise is what founders need.
The more adaptable you are the more investors want to fund you.
Execution and competence are keys to getting funded.
How you pitch, shows how you think.
Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie
LinkedIn Post – Paring Your Pitch
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'