Dorie Clark is a strategy consultant and professional speaker who has worked with clients including Google, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, DHL, Fidelity, Yale University, and the World Bank. She is also a regular contributor to Forbes and the Harvard Business Review, and the author of "Stand Out" and "Reinventing You". Dorie talks on how startup founders can stand out and touches briefly on how they can let go of fear.
- 01:55 - Your personal brand is your career insurance.
- 02:15 - How did Dorie get started?
- 04:30 - Why did Dorie write the book Reinventing You?
- 06:15 - Dorie is not an overnight success.
- 07:40 - How did Dorie become a presidential campaign spokesperson?
- 10:00 - What kind of advice does Dorie give to places like Google and Microsoft?
- 14:00 - Why does Google like Dorie's book, Stand Out?
- 17:30 - How can you stand out? Build your network, audience, and community.
- 20:50 - How do you let go of fear?
- 24:55 - Dorie talks about the inner critic article she wrote with Susan Brady.
- 27:40 - Dorie shares a bunch of great book resources.
- 29:00 - You can get a free 42 page workbook on Dorie's site.
Make Yourself Findable.
Branding is career insurance.
Can't move forward if you expect perfection.
How to silence the inner critic?
Dorie Clark: "Stand Out" | Talks at Google
Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
Power by Jeffery Pfeffer
Influence by Robert Cialdini
Dorie Clark Website
Reinventing You by Dorie Clark
Stand Out by Dorie Clark.
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'