David Desharnais is the CMO and Senior VP at TraxPay and an advisor for several different investment companies. David has won a number of awards including the International Funding Deal of the Year Award and the Business Excellence Award. David explains how he and his team fixed a major problem in the finance industry and how he even turned his competitors into avid investors for the company.
- 01:50 - Why is David a 'geek who can speak'?
- 03:45 - How did David go from being an engineer to an advisor?
- 09:10 - David talks about the team aspect in a company.
- 12:00 - How did David win the International Funding Deal of the Year award?
- 20:20 - TraxPay's first round was $4m and on the second round raised $15m.
- 23:55 - David and his team got his competitors to be his investors.
- 25:00 - The difference between a first round pitch and a second round pitch?
- 27:15 - How did David win the Business Excellence Award?
- 29:45 - The same day David's team announced TraxPay, Apple Pay was also announced.
- 31:25 - David highly recommends The Hard Thing About Hard Things book by Ben Horowitz.
- 33:20 - You can follow David on Twitter @DaveDesharnais.
Practice the pitch and Research your investors.Co-branding is key to marketing success.From near death to success.
A Geek Who Can Speak.
The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
TraxpayDavid Desharnais LinkedIn
David Desharnais Twitter
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'