Charles Michael Yim is a successful serial entrepreneur and has appeared on Shark Tank and other news outlets. Charles was the first one in the history of the Shark Tank show to get funding from all of the sharks. Charles also came in first place out of 10.000 startups after competing for Sir Richard Branson's startup contest. Charles talks on his success with Breathometer, the differences between Sir Richard Branson and Mark Cuban's business style, and his upcoming book.
- 00:01:40 - Charles is not an overnight success.
- 00:03:20 - What was the inspiration behind Breathometer?
- 00:07:45 - Charles was the first person on Shark Tank to get all five Sharks to invest.
- 00:09:10 - How did Charles prepare for Shark Tank?
- 00:11:00 - What kind of questions do investors ask when trying to raise $20 million?
- 00:14:00 - Charles still uses the same team from when he started his first company.
- 00:17:20 - Charles talks about Sir Richard Branson's startup competition.
- 00:18:50 - Mark Cuban versus Sir Richard Branson?
- 00:20:20 - Charles talks about his upcoming book and what it's about.
- 00:23:20 - How do you validate an idea?
- 00:24:40 - What's it like working with the Stanford StartX Accelerator?
- 00:26:50 - Charles recommends a couple of his favorite books.
- 00:28:30 - You can follow Charles on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Teamwork is respect and collaboration.
See your idea thru the lens of what problem do you solve.
Mark Cuban is all about getting it done.
Richard Branson wants authentic value.
The Art of The Start by Guy Kawasaki.
The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
Charles Michael Yim Twitter
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'