Chris Camillo has an amazing story on how he turned $20,000 into $2 million through investing wisely in Wall Street. He wrote a book on how he was able to identify game-changing trends before anyone else entitled, Laughing at Wall Street. Chris is now the Co-Founder of a recently launched product called TickerTags. TickerTags analyzes and searches for changing trends on social media based on user-defined keywords. Chris talks about TickerTags, raising $1.5 million at the seed round stage, and how he was able to spot trends before Wall Street financial analysts.
- 02:20 - Why does Chris love startups?
- 04:05 - How did Chris turn $20k into $2 million?
- 07:45 - Chris shares a story on how you can spot trends before the financial analysts do.
- 10:10 - Chris talks about TickerTags.
- 14:20 - It's a fantastic time to be an stock market investor, because technology is making it easier.
- 16:35 - Chris talks on how he plans to monetize TickerTags.
- 19:40 - How did Chris raise $1.5 million at the seed round stage?
- 21:00 - You must establish yourself as a thought leader.
- 23:00 - When investors trust in your team, it makes it easy for them to invest.
- 24:20 - Every entrepreneur should plan to raise money from their customers first.
- 26:20 - When your customers turn into investors, you have traction.
- 29:00 - Always be upfront with your hurdles and know your competitors.
- 33:30 - Chris suggests to regularly read blogs and to keep up to date with the startup finance space.
- 34:45 - Sign up to TickerTags and mention you heard about them on this podcast to get past the waiting list faster.
All change is detectable.
Be upfront about your hurdles in your pitch.
Know ALL your competitors when you pitch.
Be a thought leader to get funding.
New investors are successful startups not bankers.
One Up On Wall Street by Peter Lynch.
Laughing at Wall Street by Chris Camillo
Chris Camillo Twitter
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'