Mike Brown Jr. was an Associate for Virgin and worked closely with Richard Branson where he used Richard Branson's money to invested in early stage software companies. He also worked as the General Partner for AOL Ventures before becoming the Founder of Bowery Capital. Mike shares his thoughts on what he calls, 'internet natives' and how they're now at an age where they're reaching C-level positions in large corporate companies. He also shares his thoughts on who he decides to take to the next level in his pitch deck.
- 01:45 - How did Mike become a VC?
- 08:10 - What's Bowery Capital's process like?
- 12:00 - What's a good pitch deck?
- 13:05 - Write down 10 key sentences that you want to convey to an investor.
- 14:05 - Keep your pitch simple. Those 10 headline/sentences are key.
- 15:25 - Why are you qualified to solve this problem? Why are you qualified to run a company?
- 22:30 - Bowery focuses heavily on who they invest in and how they can help the companies.
- 24:05 - Sales deck versus a pitch deck?
- 26:10 - The best founders are the most passionate and not necessarily the best sales people.
- 27:20 - Internet natives are making purchasing decisions and are being hired into C-level positions.
- 33:20 - Mike has an amazing podcast called Bowery Capital – Startup Sales Podcast.
- 34:45 - Mike recommends two books. The Sales Acceleration Formula by Mark Roberge and Traction by Gabriel Weinberg.
Write down the 10 key sentences that you want to articulate to an investor.
Best #founders are the ones with the most passion about why their idea is the best one now.
Internet natives changing the way #business is done.
Successful founders can answer why you are uniquely qualified.
Bowery Capital Blog
The Sales Acceleration Formula by Mark Roberge.
Traction by Gabriel Weinberg.
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'