Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge are famously known as the Beekman Boys and the winners of The Amazing Race. When both Josh and Brent were laid off from their jobs and were facing a million dollar mortgage, they focused their full attention on turning their farm into a profitable business. They first started selling goat milk and goat milk soap products, but now they currently work with over 50 artisans and have their products featured in Target, Disney Resort, Anthropologie, and more. The guys talk to John on how they got started, important life lessons learned from their goats, utilizing their social media following to promote products, and so much more on today's episode.
- 01:35 - Josh talks about the three rules he and Brent live by.
- 03:15 - Brent shares their story.
- 06:55 - Josh talks about the Mortgage Lifter tomato and why it's important to give back.
- 09:45 - Brent and Josh still work on the farm. It reminds them where they came from.
- 11:45 - Josh shares a story of turning a negative situation into a positive outcome.
- 15:30 - Brent talks about the Beekman 1802 team.
- 21:00 - How did Beekman 1802 promote their tomato sauce when companies like Ragu have a huge marketing budget?
- 23:20 - Important life lessons you can learn from goats.
- 27:45 - Pitching tips? Tell the entire story of how and why the product or service was created.
- 27:55 - Today's consumers want authenticity in the branding.
- 29:20 - Sit next to or on the same side of the table as the potential investor or client.
- 30:50 - What can we expect to see in the future from the Beekman Boys?
When you pitch, sit on the same side of the table as the investors.
Look at your assets to pivot.
Shelfie vs Selfie.
Story Living vs Story Telling is key to success.
How can I use my assets to solve a problem in a creative way?
Beekman 1802 Website
Beekman 1802 Boys Facebook
Beekman 1802 Boys Twitter
Beekman 1802 Boys Instagram
Beekman 1802 Boys Pinterest
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'