Charles Smith is an New York-based angel investor and was named top 25 investors in the NY area to know. He has been an active investor since the mid-1990s and has a wealth of knowledge to share on today's show. He talks on why he believes Style Lend is changing the world for the better, why he loves the startup company Boxed, and why you should network with entrepreneurs who have already pitched the angel investor you're interested in.
- 01:50 - What is Social Starts?
- 06:20 - Technological skill is what enables you to beat the competition.
- 09:20 - Charles talks about Style Lend and how they are changing the world.
- 13:40 - Charles loves the startup company Boxed.
- 17:50 - Why did Charles want to be an investor?
- 20:05 - Network with entrepreneurs who have already pitched the same investor you're interested in.
- 23:10 - There are no new ideas, so why are you the person to do this?
- 26:30 - Charles believes merchandising will charge dramatically in the upcoming years.
- 28:30 - Entrepreneurs should start reading Neal Stephenson's books.
- 30:25 - Don't dread the pitching process, see it as a way to learn from smart people who have been there before.
The internet has enabled trust over distance at scale for the first time in human history.
The coach of the Eagles says, 'Culture beats scheme.
You don't have to be as big as Google, obviously, to treat people well.
How do you handle "trough of sorrow?
Charles Smith Twitter Social Starts
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'