Jay Samit is widely recognized as one of the world's leading experts in innovation and disruption. You can pre-order his newest book, which is out July 7th, entitled Disrupt You!:Master Personal Transformation, Seize Opportunity, and Thrive in the Era of Endless Innovation on Amazon. Jay sits down with John Livesay to talk on some of the life lesson's he's learned over the years. In the episode, Jay shares examples of successful people failing, people pivoting their business, and much more.
- 02:35 - How did Jay get started in his career?
- 05:50 - Businesses don't sell products, they sell solutions.
- 07:15 - Write down three problems you have everyday for a month and then find the problems that scale the most at the end of that month.
- 10:10 - Jay shares an example of how he seized an opportunity.
- 15:00 - How did Jay get separate industries to work together? He shares his story.
- 17:45 - Pitches solve the problem for the human being across the desk.
- 20:30 - Are you afraid to give away equity? Jay Samit has some advice for you.
- 23:45 - You learn more from failure than anything else. Don't be afraid to fail.
- 29:10 - Jay shares a secret contest that John's listeners can enter into.
All disruption starts with introspection.
Be a brand of one.
Problems are just businesses waiting for the right entrepreneur to unlock the value.
Data has no ego and makes an excellent co-pilot.
100% of nothing is nothing. 50% of something can be worth millions.
Everyone thinks of changing the world but no one thinks of changing themselves. Get a ZOMBIE idea that is so good it can't die
Jay Samit Jay Samit Twitter
Disrupt You! by Jay Samit Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries Disrupt You! Book Trailer 2015 - Jay Samit
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'