Brian Smith is the inventor and founder of UGG boots. In this episode, Brian is jammed packed with some amazing stories and life lessons he has learned from creating the world-famous shoe brand. He is the author of The Birth of a Brand and in the book he shares some incredible life lessons any entrepreneur can learn from. Brian believes all businesses start out as a baby and you can not not give up on a baby. Brian also talks on how he literally lost ownership of the UGG brand, but he was able to see optimism through his biggest disappointment.
- 03:00 - Brian shares a bit of his life story.
- 05:30 - Americans thought Brian was crazy for trying to sell sheepskin boots in California.
- 08:20 - By talking to Brian's target audience, he realized for two to three years he's been sending the wrong marketing message.
- 10:50 - A business is just like a little child. You can't give birth to an adult. You have to help it grow.
- 13:30 - Do the right thing everyday and eventually movement will happen.
- 15:35 - Brian shares his story on why he sold UGG to Deckers.
- 21:05 - Brian tells the story about how he lost ownership of the company he built.
- 26:00 - If you don't take the first step to move towards your dream, nothing will happen.
- 26:30 - Brian recommends buying books on spirituality. The message to life is living and being happy.
I think for every entrepreneur starting out, you have to have some level of ignorance.
There's no billion dollar company existed that didn't start with a $1,000.
Most often your most disappointing disappointments become your greatest blessings.
Retailers say we are elephants who don't move till the mice are running under our feet
Brian Smith Speaker
The Birth of a Brand by Brian Smith
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download