Danny Cohen is the General Partner at Carmel Ventures, which is based out of Israel and has been a Venture Capitalist for the past 15 years. He says his company receives over 500 pitches a year, yet they only do about 7 deals. He gives the honest truth about what a VC looks for in an entrepreneur and talks to John about his favorite pitch, successful startups, and much more.
- 02:00 - Why did Danny decide to become a VC?
- 05:10 - The amazing story behind Watch Doc being sold to Blackberry.
- 09:10 - What is OutBrain?
- 12:15 - You can't fire your investor, which is why you have to choose them carefully.
- 17:50 - The entrepreneur has to understand the market dynamics and their customer base.
- 20:55 - Don't try to raise funds all in one week. Schedule 3-4 meetings, get feedback, and try it again.
- 23:45 - Danny really loves business books catered around sports.
Relationships are so important no matter where you live.
Tell a story that everybody can understand.
What is your motivation beyond money that made you do your startup?
Israel Venture Capital 3.0
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'