John introduces Judy Robinett to the Successful Pitch show. Judy Robinett is the author of How to Be a Power Connector as well as a consultant for business professionals and entrepreneurs. Judy talks about common mistakes entrepreneurs and startups make when pitching their idea to an investor, how to prepare for a due diligence check, how to expand your network, and much more on today's show.
- 01:30 - Judy talks about her background and experience.
- 04:35 - There's 7 billion people out there and 369 trillion in global private wealth – there's no lack of wealth.
- 07:45 - Investors are paying more attention to your character than to your idea. Are you honest?
- 11:45 - Some angels are devils just like some ventures are vultures.
- 17:30 - Judy talks about some of the advisory boards she's apart of.
- 24:30 - It takes three pivots on average to really nail a business.
- 28:00 - Ask an angel after you finish your pitch, “What other ideas do you have for me and who do you think I should talk to?”
- 31:10 - Share your story and never ask for money initially. Surround yourself with advisers first.
- 34:30 - Talk to strangers!
Old school networking is dead. Used to be who you knew and what you knew, now it's who knows you.
Research shows that if you've been raised in a lower-middle class family, we're taught not to ask!
We talk to strangers 2-3% of the time, important people in your life were a stranger at some point!
How to Be a Power Connector by Judy Robinett
Art of the Start by Guy Kawasaki
Judy's Bonus Content
As you heard during the interview, Judy was incredibly generous with a whole list of attachments. I've made the files she mentioned available by simply clicking here to download.
Share The Love
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'