In today’s episode of The Successful Pitch, John Livesay features Eva Ho, the co-founder of Susa Ventures on to give her thoughts on staying true to your focus, being part of an entrepreneurial team and where to find your inspiration. As a member of a small company later taken over by Google (Applied Semantics), she also gives some great insight into what it’s like to have your company bought by an Internet giant, yet still retaining the original family feeling.
- 00.14 - John Livesay gives a bit of background information on today’s guest, Eva Ho.
- 03.09 - Regardless of your beginnings, having the drive and ability to network can change everything.
- 04.54 - It’s not just business anymore; try to connect with your clients on a personal level.
- 07.25 - Marketing styles: How important is having a personal brand?
- 10.39 - Conveying your true passion should be a key aim of any pitch you do.
- 12.31 - Being an entrepreneur doesn’t mean going it alone.
- 15.07 - What does having Google buy your company feel like?
- 16.41 - If you do eventually want to sell, ask your investors for help, guidance and their expertise.
- 19.59 - Pre-Google and post-Google: The impact on a small company.
- 21.22 - Changing jobs and seeing the situation from the other side.
- 23.20 - Advice for making a good impression and getting an appointment.
- 26.53 - Eva Ho talks about how to find authenticity and inspiration through certain books.
- 28.10 - Get the know-how, and being a woman can really be an advantage in the tech world.
- 29.27 - Get in touch with Eva Ho via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Twitter @eva_ho
You can fake a lot, but you can’t fake passion.
Be prepared: due diligence starts before you’re even through the door.
Investors aren’t interested in hearing about your exit strategy.
Going over to Google was an extension of our family. How can you scale yourself?
How can you scale yourself?
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries [book]
Zero to One by Peter Thiel [book]
Share The Love
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'