William Green is the author of The Great Minds of Investing, a book that features profiles of famous investors. William interviewed 33 investors for his book, including Warren Buffett, and breaks down what makes them truly unique and different people from the rest. There are so many great qualities you can take away from these brilliant investors who have made tremendous mistakes both throughout their lifetime and in their career.
What Was Covered
- 04:00 - How did William get started?
- 06:10 - William's passion for investing came out of pure laziness to do any 'real' work.
- 07:05 - What do these great investors have that other people don't have?
- 08:10 - What can you learn from these investors and how can it help you in life?
- 09:30 - Why do people love Warren Buffett so much?
- 11:00 - You can't do a good deal with a bad person.
- 11:30 - What can you learn from Warren Buffett?
- 12:15 - Being a good and decent person becomes very powerful in a world filled with snake-oil salesmen.
- 14:35 - When you look at yourself in the mirror every morning, are you okay with who you are?
- 15:25 - There's a different way to do business. You don't need to be cruel.
- 19:35 - Want to get better at something? Hang out with people who are better than you.
- 20:25 - We don't have to be in our 80’s to let go of what other people may think about us.
- 21:15 - The ability to make mistakes and not be crushed by them is key to some of these great investors.
- 24:50 - People want the truth. People will stick with you because you're honest.
- 27:05 - People can sense when you're holding something back.
- 31:50 - Mason Hawkins once told William that he and his business partner haven't argued in over 30 years.
- 33:00 - Mason Hawkins looks for generosity in his team.
- 34:00 - Great investors understand what money buys them, and what it does not.
- 35:35 - What's the secret to having a very profitable life? Family and relationships.
Predicting rain doesn't count. Building an ark does.
You can't do a great deal with a bad person.
Live your life by your inner scorecard.
Superpower in life is being authentic.
J Robinett Enterprises
John Livesay Funding Strategist
William Green Website
The Great Minds of Investing by William Green
I've Followed Warren Buffett For Decades – LinkedIn Post by William Green
William on LinkedIn
Power vs. Force by David R. Hawkins
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'