Steve Rohr is a communication expert, speech coach, and author of the book, Scared Speechless. On this week's episode, Steve offers quick tips on how to improve your speech to investors and shares advice on how to reduce anxiety and nervousness before you get in the spotlight. Remember, the key to presenting a fantastic speech is practice, practice, practice!!
What Was Covered
- 04:20 - Why did Steve become a speaker?
- 07:25 - What is our brain doing when we get nervous? In fact, why do we even get nervous in the first place?
- 11:30 - Steve offers helpful tips on how to overcome your nerves when you're about to speak.
- 14:30 - The audience is rooting for you. They are not your enemy!
- 18:20 - What is the 'underdog effect'?
- 22:30 - What should we be saying to ourselves before we get up for a speech?
- 28:05 - Remember, you are in control of your thoughts!
- 28:10 - How can we effectively practice our pitch?
- 31:05 - Keep your speech simple!
- 32:45 - Practice, practice, practice. Stand up and recite your speech as if you're already on stage.
Pitch is to be read not said.
Investors are not the enemy, they want you to succeed.
What is the underdog effect?
Secret to stopping negative self talk.
J Robinett Enterprises
John Livesay Funding Strategist
Scared Speechless by Steve Rohr
@RealSteveRohr on Twitter
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'