Stacie Shaw is the Founder of Pitch Deck Fire, where her company creates engaging and effective pitch decks for startups. As Stacie says, she is a startup storyteller! Entrepreneurs need to realize that when investors are hearing your pitch for the very first time, they are hearing it with their more primitive reptile brain and not their analytical brain. This is why you need to make your pitch incredibly simple and easy to understand, even if what you do is a complex.
What Was Covered
- 03:45 - How did Stacie get started?
- 04:45 - When did Stacie decide it was time to be self-employed?
- 07:20 - How well your pitch deck is designed is very, very important.
- 08:15 - What should people include in their pitch deck?
- 09:55 - Don’t pitch an investor like a customer. Your investor isn’t your customer!
- 11:15 - The less is more in your pitch deck.
- 11:30 - We have three parts to our brain. Stacie explains further.
- 13:30 - Explain your idea in a simple way to investor.
- 13:40 - Investors have a small attention span.
- 14:55 - Stacie shares tips on how you can be more comfortable with an investor.
- 15:55 - Is there such a thing as practicing too much?
- 17:55 - Body language also affects the way you feel.
- 20:15 - What are some common graphic design mistakes Stacie sees in a pitch deck presentation?
- 22:30 - One pitch deck fits all? No!
- 25:40 - Entrepreneurs try to do everything themselves, but as something as important as a pitch deck, you do want to seek out help.
- 26:30 - What makes an amazing story and how can entrepreneurs leverage it?
- 29:30 - Stacie recommends the book Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal, by Oren Klaff
Practice in front of strangers
Dont confuse investors with complex concepts
How you stand impacts how you present
Energy is contagious when you pitch
J Robinett Enterprises
John Livesay Funding Strategist
Pitch Deck Fire Website
Pitch Deck Fire on Twitter
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'