Nisa Amoils has a background in law, entertainment, and beauty tech. Nisa is an advisor on four boards and discusses the importance of entrepreneurs utilizing their advisory board's expertise, on today’s show. She started investing when she went through the 37 Angels boot camp and, through her unique experiences in law, has a ton of helpful advice to share with our listeners.
What Was Covered
- 02:50 - How did Nisa get started?
- 06:50 - How did Nisa become an entertainment lawyer?
- 08:25 - Why did Nisa leave the entertainment industry to become an investor?
- 10:25 - John does a recap of the 37 Angels and what they're about.
- 11:30 - What should a good pitch contain? Nisa says to go through the standard checklist - team, market size, product, go-to market strategy, existing investors, etc.
- 12:10 - What makes a good pitch is how entrepreneurs present the information and how concise they are about getting their message across to investors.
- 13:00 - Nisa talks about a company she invested in called Refresh, a woman's only club.
- 15:15 - What did Nisa like about Refresh's pitch?
- 19:15 - When it comes to investing, Nisa travels between New York and Silicon Valley.
- 19:35 - Nisa is currently on four advisory boards for companies she's invested in.
- 20:25 - A strong advisory board is critical, especially for first time entrepreneurs.
- 21:10 - You often don't know whether an entrepreneur is coachable until you're working with them.
- 22:40 - What should entrepreneurs look out for when they're selling their company?
- 24:15 - Nisa recommends The Creator's Code and The Startup Playbook
- 25:30 - Nisa tries to answer every email she gets.
- 26:05 - It's a lot harder being the entrepreneur than it is being the investor.
Why now is key when you pitch.
Be passionate, concise and authentic.
Show investors how you think.
Have an exit strategy to show ROI.
J Robinett Enterprises
John Livesay Funding Strategist
37 Angels Website
The Creator's Code by Amy Wilkinson
The Startup Playbook by David Kidder
Nisa on LinkedIn
Nisa on Twitter
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'