David Rosen is the founder of TechX Foundry and is currently a mentor at TechLaunch, a New Jersey based accelerator. He also won Innovator of the Year award for simplifying the manufacturing industry in New Jersey. David discusses three ways a company can be managed and offers some pros and cons for each management style. Management style is important to define beforehand so that you can ensure you have the correct team in place to make it a reality.
What Was Covered
- 03:50 - How did David get started?
- 06:20 - David started his first SaaS company in 2001.
- 08:45 - So many people fall in love with their product, but the reality is it needs to add value to others.
- 08:50 - You can manage a company with a focus on the product, the process, or the customers. Pick one.
- 10:40 - David recommends focusing on the customers before you focus on the product or the technology.
- 11:45 - What are the pros and cons of managing the process of a company?
- 13:35 - Before you pitch the investor, figure out which of three ways you plan on using to manage your compa
- 14:20 - David talks about winning The Innovator of the Year award.
- 19:30 - New York is now the second largest market for investments, next to San Francisco.
- 20:20 - David talks about the three areas of TechX Foundry – Robotics, 3D Printing, and Tech Fashion.
- 26:15 - How can you prove to investors that you and your team are the right people to execute an idea?
- 27:25 - Remember, you can't do everything yourself.
- 28:10 - David recommends the book the Lean Startup.
- 30:55 - It's all about collaboration, innovation, and the desire to create successful lives.
A company has to have value. That's the first litmus test.
What are you truly bringing to the table?
At some point, you have to divide and counter and you gotta collaborate.
Always put your ego aside.
Selling Secrets for Funding
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
David A. Rosen on Twitter
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'