Ramphis Castro is the co-founder of ScienceVest and is a Kauffman Fellow, a community of over 400 innovation investors worldwide. He is also the managing director of The Founder Institute, which is one of the world's largest idea-stage accelerators. Today, Ramphis sits down with John to discuss some of the potential entrepreneurial paths in Cuba and Puerto Rico as well as some of the benefits of being a Kauffman Fellow.
What Was Covered
- 04:10 - How did Ramphis get started in the investing world?
- 06:35 - The best way to start is to start small.
- 07:15 - Make sure you have a good partner when you're first starting out. Make sure to reference check them.
- 08:20 - What does Ramphis look for in a pitch?
- 08:55 - Why is your team the right team?
- 10:00 - How did Ramphis become a Kauffman Fellow?
- 12:35 - What has Ramphis learned now that he is a Kauffman Fellow?
- 13:50 - What is The Founder Institute?
- 19:30 - Entrepreneurs believe you only have to pitch investors. But in reality, you have to pitch everybody.
- 21:10 - There's no right way to pitch, so The Founder Institute teaches you different ways to approach a pitch.
- 22:20 - What is Mindchemy?
- 24:30 - Ramphis talks about Cuba and the entrepreneurial potential over there.
- 29:40 - What is P18 and how does it affect Puerto Rico?
- 32:45 - Puerto Rico is the biggest startup you have never heard of.
- 33:05 - Ramphis recommends to read Venture Deals and Early Exits.
Best way to start is to start small.
Puerto Rico is the biggest startup hub you have never heard of.
Check your team's references before you partner.
What qualifies you to be a founder for this startup?
J Robinett Enterprises
John Livesay Funding Strategist
Ramphis on Twitter
Venture Deals by Brad Feld
Early Exits by Basil Peters
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'