Samira Salman is the CEO & Founder of Salman Solutions, a firm that advises executives, startup founders, and entrepreneurs on how to build better companies and raise capital. Samira had a very successful career as a tax lawyer. Now, she uses her expertise in both corporate and tax law to advise her clients, and she speaks heavily on topics such as entrepreneurship, brand building, negotiation, and more. Discover how you can build trust with an investor, on this week’s episode!
What Was Covered
- 04:05 - How did Samira get into tech investments?
- 06:35 - Samira works with companies at all funding stages.
- 07:00 - What does Samira look for when a company is pre-revenue?
- 11:05 - If you don’t know what problem you’re solving, then you don’t understand what your company does.
- 13:45 - You can’t wing your pitch! You have to prepare, and prepare, and prepare, if you really want to wow investors.
- 16:05 - Samira believes there’s no difference between your personal life and your business life. The internet makes our lives so transparent.
- 16:40 - Before Samira takes on a client, she Googles them.
- 17:40 - Brand yourself! investors will be looking at your online profiles.
- 20:10 - Make sure your pitch deck looks professional. These days you don’t have to spend a lot of money to create a good looking presentation.
- 22:10 - It’s always a great idea to pause your presentation, and ask whether your investors have a question. Think of your pitch deck as a conversation between investors.
- 24:10 - Remember, people do business with people they know, like, and trust.
- 25:30 - You job isn’t to sell your company, it’s to sell yourself.
- 26:55 - Samira knows how to pick unicorns.
- 30:15 - You have to ‘cut off the dead tree limbs’ when you need to. If an employee isn’t working out, it’s best to let them go.
- 31:20 - Samira recommends the book, The 50th Law, by 50 Cent and Robert Greene.
Cut off dead tree limbs whenever someone is not working out on your team
Show investors you are prepared and organized
Use LinkedIn to brand yourself to investors
Be authentic and have a conversation where you listen
J Robinett Enterprises
John Livesay Funding Strategist
Salman Solutions Website
Samira on Twitter
The 50th Law, by 50 Cent and Robert Greene
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'