Mark Bidwell helps traditional organizations become more innovative and entrepreneurial in the digital economy. He helps to lead intrapreneurial change in market-leading companies such as BP Oil, the Hay Group, Syngenta, and more. Mark is also the co-host of the Innovation Ecosystem podcast, where he interviews thought leaders who are disrupting out-of-date methods, turning them into experiential growth. Mark talks about his work with Syngenta as well as how to get on the investor's 'good side' on this episode.
What Was Covered
- 04:10 - How did Mark get started?
- 07:20 - Mark talks about his work with Syngenta and how he was able to innovate within their industry.
- 09:20 - What problem was Mark trying to solve while working for Syngenta?
- 11:25 - Mark successfully closed a $15 million series B round for one of his clients recently.
- 14:45 - Aiming to get the lead investor isn't always easy, but when you do, other investors will want to join in and not miss out.
- 15:20 - How can an entrepreneur get the attention of a lead investor?
- 17:40 - Get into the mindset of helping the investor, even if your company isn't the one who can help them.
- 21:45 - Why did Mark start his podcast?
- 25:10 - Mark helps leaders come to the realization that their old thinking might not be the best way to approach a digital economy.
- 26:10 - Mark loves reading biographies.
- 27:15 - We're simply not wired for multitasking.
Investing is a human business
Be resilient when you pitch
Give investors a glimpse of the future with you
The why is more important than the what
J Robinett Enterprises
John Livesay Funding Strategist
Mark Bidwell Website
Syngenta - United States Website
Made in America by Sam Walton
Deep Work by Cal Newport
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'