Vince Thompson is the Founder of Middle Shift and an advisor for several startup companies such as Contract Cloud and Jukin Media. Early in his career, Vince lead the advertising sales organization for AOL and later went on to serve as Facebook's first head of national sales in 2005. Learn more about how to find the right advisor for your company and what Vince looks for in his pitch on this week's episode.
What Was Covered
- 04:00 - What was it like for Vince working for AOL?
- 06:50 - It's not what you do at your day job that gets you more opportunities, it's what you do after hours that counts.
- 07:10 - Vince talks about what it was like to work for Facebook back in 2005.
- 11:00 - What is Contract Cloud and how did the founder find Vince?
- 14:20 - Vince talks about another company he advises, Jukin Media.
- 17:30 - How involved is Vince as an advisor?
- 20:15 - When you're looking for an advisor, make sure they love the company as much as you do.
- 22:40 - What does Vince look for in a pitch?
- 25:40 - Be upfront with your intentions, don't ask an investor to go out for coffee only to pitch them!
- 28:30 - Vince discusses his book, Ignited.
Be authentic when you pitch
Show passion and why you are domain expert
Show me you are solving a real problem
Don't exaggerate your projections
J Robinett Enterprises
John Livesay Funding Strategist
Middle Shift Website
Vince on LinkedIn
@vincethompson on Twitter
Ignited by Vince Thompson
Contract Cloud Website
Jukin Media Website
Fan Bread Website
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'