Jason Shuman is an entrepreneur and a venture capitalist who has been involved with startups since he was 17 years old, and has always had a deep passion for the industry. He is currently an associate at Corigin Ventures, where he is responsible for sourcing and analyzing deals. Jason discusses the charity foundation he is a part of, why there are so many young VCs these days, branding, and so much more on today's show.
What Was Covered
- 03:50 - How did Jason get started?
- 06:25 - Jason was born with a primary immunodeficiency, which causes him to get blood infusions every three weeks.
- 07:10 - Jason talks about the charity he is involved with, the Jeffrey Modell Foundation.
- 08:35 - Corigin Ventures does both early stage seed and series A - why do both?
- 10:15 - There are a lot of young VCs these days and Jason believes this is due to the younger generation growing up with technology.
- 11:15 - How does Jason brand himself?
- 15:00 - You need to have an intense focus and passion for what you want.
- 16:35 - What does Jason look for in a good pitch?
- 19:05 - Don't just wing a pitch!!
- 21:00 - Do people need to live in the New York area in order to pitch Jason? No.
- 23:10 - What is 'Platformation'?
- 26:20 - The one theme Jason speaks about the most is focus. People lack focus.
- 28:25 - Final pieces of advice - Fundraising is difficult and not for everybody. Startups are not easy.
You can’t boil the ocean.
Focus is the key to getting funded.
A bad pitch deck will kill your chances of getting funded.
Read the investors’ blogs.
Selling Secrets For Funding
Jeffrey Modell Foundation
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Jason Shuman Twitter
Want the Transcription?
Click Here to Download
Crack The Funding Code!
Register now for the free webinar
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I'd love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the 'Subscribe' button below the artwork
- Go to the 'Ratings and Reviews' section
- Click on 'Write a Review'